Riot Boy Soundtrack #1: Atomic

November 23, 2011

As I've mentioned many, many times before, the soundtrack is very important when I'm writing. It keeps me focused -- keeps those little characters from wandering off in random directions when they see something shiny and want it for their nests. For Riot Boy, this wasn't as much of a problem with Etienne, but Brady's a real magpie sometimes.

Never woulda guessed, huh?

But I think this is my first book where the soundtrack wasn't just important to the mood, but pretty much shaped the plot itself. Or where it was so much to my own taste, which might have something to do with it :D I've posted links to "Orgasm Addict" and "Ghetto Defendant", two key components of the "first date", elsewhere -- those lead to their excerpts. So let's try something new...

Blondie!

(For anyone seeing this on an rss feed with no embed: video link here)

Ohhhh your hair is beautifuullllll.

I'm dropping off for the rest of the week for Thanksgiving. To all my American pals, happy turkey day -- even if you're like me and bringing shame to your family by not eating turkey. And to everyone else, happy weekend a little bit early :D

Latest Instagrams

© Katey Hawthorne's. Design by FCD.