Economic Theory x Superpowers + Vegan Gingersnaps = Love

September 20, 2011

I am so easy to please, really. Was at Whole Foods. Saw these. Had a faint Hansenvoice in the back of my head go: Squee!


(Cue the "What's up with the weird chick photographing the bakery case with her iPhone?" looks.)

I've always been a fan, but I think Hansen might be right, y'all. These things are god's gift. If everyone lived in DC, I would totally make the next contest prize a dozen vegan gingersnaps.

But that could be awkward if someone in, say, Australia won. So maybe not the best idea.

Excerpt sneak attack!

He lifted up on his elbow and bore down on me, one hand on my chest, his lips inches from mine. The smell of warm breath—and gingersnaps, since we’d tanked a half dozen before bed. “How you feeling about this equilibrium thing now?”

“Never gonna forgive me for that, are you?”

“Did as soon as you said it. But if I’m gonna fall for an economist, I better learn how to bullshit a bullshitter.”

Equilibrium equation:

Economic Theory x Superpowers + Vegan Gingersnaps = Love

Right, I didn't really come here to talk about cookies. (Did I mention how good these things are? I'm not even a dessert person and still -- okay, I'll stop.) I came to drop a gentle reminder that there are still 2 days left in the birthday contest. Don't forget to enter both here and at Goodreads for double the chances, and thank you and good luck to those who've already dropped a comment in one place or the other!

Latest Instagrams

© Katey Hawthorne's. Design by FCD.