Excerpts Ahoy

March 10, 2014

Woohoo, Excerpts from In Distress are up! We had a hard time picking them, but these are two that I think really express the whole tone of the book, which sort of hearkens back to the weirdly fun-loving, fast pace of the Equilibrium days--but with Eddie's special brand of weird. Which, after the emotional roller coaster of Malory's life in Re-entry Burn, was a welcome shift of gears, lemme tell you. They're entitled "The Rescue", which is the very first scene in the book...

So maybe I’ll just blame the fire on italics. Because that stove, oh my God, I don’t know what even happened, but it set some shit on fire about six months later. And there I was, sleeping like a cliché-baby on my futon, dreaming about that guy who plays Jon Snow inGame of Thrones. About him crawling up that giant ice wall with my thighs wrapped around his waist, saving me from the attacking Wildlings. Me shifting my hips (gotta keep warm on the Wall somehow) and whispering into his ear, “Faster, baby. Winter is coming.” 
I have weird dreams sometimes.

And "Hero Reversal", which, well. The book's title makes sense after reading this one, I reckon...

I picked up a pretzel and pointed it at him, narrowing my eyes. “You know what? Fuck you.” 
His mouth fell slightly open. God, it was unfair how pretty his lips were like that. All I could think of was them around my cock last night. Even as my face was flushing with anger for his stupid, highhanded crap, I wanted to yank him under the table and feel them again, right there in the middle of the bar. 
I dipped the pretzel into cheese sauce pointedly, like I was drowning his objections in nacho-flavored goodness, or some other horrible metaphor. Then I bit it off and chewed even more pointedly. Yeah, take that. “You think you’re being noble, don’t you? Protecting me from myself. You say you’re not my knight in shining armor; then you treat me like a damsel in distress.”  
So click on through to read the rest of these bits~

Alas, nothing too hot yet... but that's coming soon. I've got a special one selected to celebrate the release in a few weeks, and it should be fun times. That one, I'm calling 'Forelplay: Cold-Thermal Style'. Those of you who've read Superpowered Love books before can sorta guess what that means. Mwah! ♥

Latest Instagrams

© Katey Hawthorne's. Design by FCD.