Weekend Update

April 4, 2014

Happy Captain America Weekend! Well, that kind of gives away my plans for it, huh? Sadly I was not in the midnight showing crowd last night, but my best friend will be here tonight, and we're going tomorrow, so hey. I win!

A few exciting things are going on right now though, so here's a quick update:

Thing 1. The Blogger Girls were kind enough to host me as a guest blogger this week! I'm here talking about nerdlove... which is a thing of mine, clearly. There's an opportunity to win a copy of In Distress, too, so please check it out. Thanks, Blogger Girls!

Thing 2. While In Distress was making its debut, I've been hard at work on my next book. I'm about a year late on this, for which I apologize (and will continue to apologize) profusely, but at long last the final installment of the Fairy Compacts series, Fairy Bound, is coming together. I'm polishing off the big climax now--and polishing up the rest shortly after, and hope to have to have the special editions to the For Raven contributors before the end of the month.

What's so special about it? Well, it has an extra illustration, of course! Ruxandra Lache, so who so beautifully illustrated Life as a Fairy Thrall, is back on board and wow, are her sketches utterly gorgeous. She's outdone herself again, truly, and I cannot wait to show them to you.

Never fear, though, those who weren't around for the For Raven campaign will still get her cover and two fantastic illustrations in their edition, as with Fairy Thrall, which will be available a week or two later. So definitely hop on board for the end of Tam and Aeron's story. It's a big one, and I'll be talking more about it in the coming days.

Let the Captain America Party begin!

Latest Instagrams

© Katey Hawthorne's. Design by FCD.